Shop our exclusive selection of vintage Chanel Jewels and bags.
Discover on Chanel Insider the timeline of Mademoiselle Chanel.
1. ‘Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity.’
2. ‘The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.’
3. ‘In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.’
4. ‘You live but once; you might as well be amusing.’
5. ‘I don’t do fashion, I am fashion.’
6. ‘Only those with no memory insist on their originality.’
7. ‘Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman.’
8. ‘My life didn’t please me, so I created my life.’
9. ‘I imposed black; it is still going strong today, for black wipes out everything else around.’
10 ‘As long as you know men are like children, you know everything!’